15 jQuery Pagination Plugins That Will Rock Your Website
So you have a gallery, a list, posts or pages you need some kind to limit the entries. Well you might use infinite scroll for posts, but most of the time you have to use a pagination. If you have huge amounts of data you should do the data-splitting on the server-side with a PHP script. For smaller amounts of data there is an easier solution.
Last update: 07.09.2014
I packed the best jQuery pagination plugins and added some CSS3 plugins for awesome styling. These ready-to-go jQuery plugins safe you a lot of time and money.
Flexible jQuery Pagination Plugins
Just check the headers if you look for a special plugin for a gallery or a WordPress plugin. You will find more details at each plugin.
Simple Content Sorting Plus Pagination
jQuery plugin Features:
- Complete pagination functionality
- The ability to sort and paginate your content quickly
- Clean sorting interface
- Flexible sorting functionality
- Simple implementation and usage
- Supports unlimited filters
- Several effects options
Simple jQuery Paginator Plugin
jQuery pagination class that allows you to switch between 3 types of pagination just by passing a simple parameter. You can switch between the arrow, standard and text navigation. The difference between this and other AJAX paginator class is that you only need a div with an id.
WordPress AJAX Pagination
This WordPress AJAX pagination is simple and flexible for WordPress posts and comments. So no need to reload entire page again for next page items. It updates the current page URL and tracks AJAX calls via Google Analytics. The plugin comes with ten predefined color schemes for pagination.
jQuery Pagination jPList Plugin
jPList is a flexible jQuery pagination plugin for sorting, pagination and filtering of any HTML structure. The plugin comes with several different layout and action examples.
Best plugin features:
- Works with any content like tables, lists, div elements, and more
- Alphanumeric, numeric, date and time sorting
- Data types: numbers, text, date, time
- Auto pagination
- Any number of text boxes, drop down, and radio button filters
- Supports cookies
- Grid and list view demo pages
jQuery Animated Pagination
This pagination is a jQuery plugin for auto pagination with animation effects like crossfade, slide etc. No server-side programming is necessary.
- Works with any content
- Different animation effects like crossfade, slide, bricks, and random
- Fully customizable styles
- Works in all major browsers
- Annotated source code
- JSDoc documentation
Beautiful Data Paging and Sorting
Beautiful data is a great way to turn a boring HTML table into something that supports features like paging and sorting. This jQuery plugin can also access data from CSV and JSON just by specifying the source file.
Data sorting plugin features:
- Easily integrate into any HTML page with as little as one line of code
- Search and filter tables live, without waiting for any downloading
- Just one DOM update per page change
- Sort columns simply by clicking on the column header
- Optional case-sensitive search
- Zebra stripes for rows
Easy Pagination for WordPress
This plugin turns your long WordPress posts and pages into beautiful looking slideshows, as easy as inserting a few tags, by the click of your mouse. You can choose between 3 different transitions: horizontal slider, vertical slider, or fade animation. You can combine the horizontal and vertical slider with 32 jQuery easing effects.
You can choose between 6 different navigation templates and even customize it! In the latest version they added an optional arrow navigation where you can choose between 4 different styles. This makes it possible to use easy pagination as a simple and clean slider.
List of features:
- Support for mobile devices
- 32 different jQuery easing effects
- 6 different navigation templates
- Auto pay feature
- Thumbnail navigation in top or bottom
Smart Pagination – WordPress Plugin
This WordPress plugin gives you a very powerful pagination for you website. They included 11 different pagination models you can use on your website.
Theia Post Slider for WordPress
Theia post slider for WordPress transforms your multi-page posts into slideshows, making them much more engaging and easier to browse. It works out-of-the-box without editing your existing posts and it’s compatible with any WordPress theme. It has a user-friendly admin page where you can choose from over 25 slider themes and customize lots of settings.
- Works out-of-the-box with all of your existing posts.
- Slides are efficiently loaded using AJAX and pre-loading techniques
- Ad refresh in navigation for Google double-click and partners
- Keeps the same URLs as before
- You can add headers, footers, and titles for each page
- 25+ slider themes you can choose from.
100 CSS3 Pagination Styles
CSS3 pagination styles is the ultimate pack of 100 predefined CSS3 styles for pagination. The developers included the PSD source file.
Major pagination features:
- Pure CSS3 code
- Including hover states
- Easy implementation
- Highly customizable
- PSD source file included
- Cross Browser compatible
CSS Pagination Pack
Spice up your pages with these fresh looking pagination menus. The pagination uses pure CSS3 and comes with 7 predefined colors. Everything has also hover and active states! All styles work in all major browsers. You get an extensive documentation how to use the CSS3 styles.
CSS Flat Pagination
It is simple, flat and stylish pagination. It comes with 6 predefined stylish color themes, two direction and four different sizes. Very easy to add into your HTML code.
Best pagination features:
- Pure CSS3 without images
- Support for all major browsers
- Well documented
Another CSS3 style set for your pagination. The plugin comes with 8 different colors and two different styles. It’s easy to use, has a nice and sleek design and uses only CSS3.
AJAX Pagination Class
This plugin uses a PHP class to split your content into pages. Choose from two methods to split your content with refresh and AJAX. You get 3 navigation systems and several template files to display your items in the database.